VAT Improvements All States
● The Yes or No settings of the following invoice level F12: Configure options will now be retained, and not reverted to their default settings on closing Tally.ERP 9.
o Allow modification of tax details for VAT?
o Allow override Classification/Nature?
o Allow override Assessable Value?
o Override tax rate?
o Allow modification of Tax details for Excise?
o Allow modification of tax details for service tax?
o Allow Modification of Tax details for TCS?
o Allow Modification of Tax details for TDS?
● The value in the column Rate (Incl. of Tax) was not retained when an invoice was opened in alteration mode. This was occurring when the MRP details were configured as follows:
o The option Set/Alter MRP details? was enabled in the item masters. And, the option Allow entry of rate inclusive of tax for stock item? was enabled in the Configuration screen of the invoice while recording the transaction.
o The option Set/Alter MRP details? was enabled, and the options Calculate VAT on MRP? and MRP Incl. of VAT? were enabled in the VAT Details screen. And, the option Allow entry of rate inclusive of tax for stock item? was enabled in the Configuration screen of the invoice while recording the transaction.
This issue is resolved.
● The VAT amount was calculated incorrectly in an excise sales invoice recorded by tracking a sales order, when one item from the order was removed, and the quantity for another item was altered in the invoice. This issue is resolved.
● The vouchers with mismatch in values due to rounding off of VAT amount will not be marked as exceptions in VAT returns reports. The rounding off of tax amount was done by selecting a Rounding method in the VAT tax ledger or by altering tax value manually in the voucher. This was occurring when the Rounding Limit was set as Re. 1 or less. This issue is resolved.
● When a sales transaction was recorded using a voucher class having multiple default VAT tax ledgers, the tax amount was not calculated for the default VAT ledgers. This was occurring when the sales invoice with voucher class was recorded in the following sequence:
o The option End of List was selected under Name of item without selecting a single item.
o Cursor was moved downwards from one line to another till the end of the default VAT tax ledgers displayed.
o After reaching the last ledger, the cursor was moved back upwards and a stock item was selected.
This issue is resolved.
● The transactions recorded with Purchase Taxable – Capital Goods as the Nature of transaction were not appearing in the relevant VAT annexure reports for some states. This occurred even when the purchase value was appearing in the VAT returns reports, and the voucher count was appearing in the e-VAT Annexures screen. This issue is resolved.
● When an inclusive of VAT voucher class, having default VAT and surcharge ledgers with predefined percentages, was used to record a sales invoice, the surcharge amount was not displayed in the Tax Analysis screen. Also, tax mismatch warning was displayed while saving the invoice. This issue is resolved.
● The error message Error in TDL. ‘Field:RBVAT Mst Trade Name’ Incorrect STORRAGE! was displayed when S: Set Rate was clicked to set the tax rate for multiple stock items or groups in the VAT Rate Setup screen. This issue is resolved.
VAT Improvements State-wise
● The net assessable value from transactions recorded with Purchase From Unregistered Dealer as the Nature of transaction was not captured in part-3 of Form RT-I, Form RT-III and Form RT-V. This issue is resolved.
● When an excise supplementary invoice was recorded with a VAT tax ledger in Release 5.4.9, the invoice was not listed on drilling down to the e-VAT Annexures screen, and on drilling down to the relevant annexure report, from Form VAT 100 report. This issue is resolved.
● Slow performance was observed while recording Tax Rate to resolve the exception for an item listed under Unable to determine tax details of the stock group/stock item(s) in Form 10 report. This issue is resolved.
● Slow performance was observed while recording Tax Rate to resolve the exception for a ledger listed under Unable to determine the tax details of group/ledger(s) in Form 10 report. This issue is resolved.
● The value of the VAT ledger debited in a journal voucher recorded by selecting Increase of Tax Liability as the Nature of adjustment, and Adjusting with TDS, as the Additional Details was appearing in the field iv. TDS amount under 13) Tax Payable [in Rs.] of Form VAT 24. This issue is resolved.
● The Rate of tax was displayed as 12 in the box 10. Computation of tax on sale instead of 12.50 in the printed copy of Form VAT 24. This issue is resolved.
● The value of the CST payable adjusted against input tax credit was not considered for calculating Net tax in Form VAT 24. This issue is resolved.
● The Tax_Detail_Purchase sheet was appearing blank in the Form VAT 24 excel template after exporting the data from Tally.ERP 9. However, purchase details were being captured in Annexure A of the excel template. This issue is resolved.
An option Include Purchases in Tax_Details_Purchase? is provided in the Export Report screen to export the purchase details to Tax_Details_Purchase sheet in the template.
● The option to record Form 38 details was available only in transactions recorded with Interstate Purchase – Against Form C selected as the Nature of transaction, and not for any other interstate purchase transaction. This issue is resolved.
Now, the option to record Form 38 details is available in interstate transactions recorded with following Nature of transaction:
o Interstate Purchase Exempt
o Interstate Purchase Exempt - E1
o Interstate Purchase - E2
o Interstate Purchase – Taxable
o Interstate Purchase - Zero Rated
o Interstate Purchase Deemed Export
o Interstate Consignment Transfer Inward
o Interstate Branch Transfer Inward
● The value from the transactions recorded by selecting Sales Transfer of Right to Use as the Nature of transaction was not being captured in the box 16. Aggregate of sales price (excluding VAT) of Part-B in Form – 14. This issue is resolved.
● When a sales transaction was recorded with both VAT and TCS ledgers, the TCS duty amount was not displayed in the Other Charges column, and not included in the value displayed in the Gross Total column in the Sales Annexure. This issue is resolved.
● The format type (Original) was displayed in the top right corner of the printed copy of vouchers recorded using the voucher types Purchase, Sales, Purchase Order, Sales Order, Receipt Note, Delivery Note, Material Out, Material In, Job Work Out Order, Job Work In Order, Rejections In, Rejections Out, Credit Note, and Debit Note. This issue is resolved.
Excise for Manufacturer
● The amount in the printed copy of an excise sales invoice was displayed in foreign currency, although the option Print Rule 11 in Base Currency? was enabled in the Invoice Print Configuration screen while printing the invoice. This issue is resolved.
● When an excise sales invoice was recorded using a voucher class, the basic excise duty was calculated based on the item value alone, and not on the total assessable value. This issue is resolved.
● The header FOR EXPORT WITHOUT PAYMENT OF DUTY was not displayed in the top right corner of the printed copy of an excise sales invoice recorded for a UAE party. This was occurring in Release 5.4.4 when the option Export/LUT was selected as the Nature of Removal in the Excise Details screen of the party ledger. This issue is resolved.
● In a Stock Journal, the value in the Rate column under Destination (Production) was displayed in foreign currency instead of base currency. This occurred when
o FIFO was selected as the costing method in the stock item master, and
o The first purchase voucher was passed using foreign currency.
This issue is resolved.
● If multiple companies were open, the Ledger Vouchers report of the first company appeared blank when viewed after switching to the Ledger Vouchers report of a different company in which the same ledger did not exist. This issue is resolved.
● In the Item Allocations screen of an inventory voucher, the Amount entered manually was not retained. This was observed on returning to the Item Allocations screen after viewing the Stock Query report while recording a transaction. This issue is resolved.
● While altering an inventory transaction, the value specified in the Amount field was not retained. This occurred when
o Price lists and godowns were enabled in F11: Features > Inventory Features, and
o The option Allow modification of all fields during entry? was enabled in the Advanced Invoice Configuration screen of the F12: Configure of the voucher.
This issue is resolved.
● While printing the monthly statement of ESI and PF for employees under one category, from Statutory Reports of Payroll, the statements of employees belonging to all categories were printed. This occurred on selecting an Employee Category, and All Items under Employee/Group in the Payroll Statutory Print Configuration screen. This issue is resolved.
● In the Mailing Ledger (Multi Account Printing > Account Books > Ledger > Alt+M) screen, the party address details were included even when the option Show Party’s Address Details also? was set to No. This issue is resolved.